LAST UPDATED: March 27th- Newsletter for tomorrow.
Just as an FYI my classroom is now Room 106.
Math Envision Link- See my LINKS section for the URL.
I am excited to teach 2nd grade again! I look forward to all of the fun things we will be learning and doing in Room 106. This is going to be a superb year!
This is my ninth school year at Brookside and my 13th year of teaching. My heart and soul is in 2nd and 3rd grade as I have taught those grades for most of my career as well as teaching a 2/3 combination class twice. I've always been a life long learner and enjoyed being a student. I wanted to be a teacher ever since I was little and played school in my bedroom and made my sister and brother my students. I am also very involved in my local, SEA as a building rep and I just stepped down off our executive board after being on there for 9 years. I love all things political and educational activism.
- I graduated from Shoreline Community College with an AAS degree in Early Childhood Special Education.
- I graduated from the University of Washington with a BA in Psychology.
- I obtained my K-8 Teaching Certification from Western Washington University.
- I obtained my Professional Teaching Certification in 2011.
- I graduated from Walden University with my Masters in Education, with a focus on reading and literacy in 2013.
Mrs. Ramey in 2nd Grade. Can you find her?
Mrs. Ramey in 3rd Grade. Can you find her?
- I love to read, and am currently enjoying reading on my Kindle.
- I enjoy traveling and learning about new places.
- I love to cook and enjoy creating new dishes.
- I enjoy working out and fitness!
- I also love planning and being organized.
- I am married to Dave Ramey and we've been married for over 9 years.
- I have a younger brother Ryan who is 36 and a sister who is 34.
- I have two brother-in-laws and one sister-in-law, three nephews and one niece.
- My parents are enjoying their retirement and are living the dream on Whidbey Island in their house they built, and vacationing in their Hawaiian condo during the winter.
- My in-laws live close and enjoy being grandparents to my nephews and niece.
- We now have six chickens that Mr. Ramey takes care of.