*see below for absent work ideas*
Fourth grade is an important time for learning and I'm pleased to have the opportunity to help our students reach their full potential. My classroom is built on respect, responsibility, and citizenship. I work to create a community of learners who will learn what it means to be an independent and responsible lifelong learner. Responsibility and self-management will be our focus this year as we head into the intermediate grades!
Parents, please feel free to contact me during the year with any questions, concerns or information that will help me to meet your child’s individual needs.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and you can reach me before or after school at (206) 393-4338.
I look forward to a fun and successful school year.
If your child misses school due to illness...
-Please call and notify the office of the absent and the reason code
-Make arrangements with me to send home missed classwork
Work that can be done at home during illness:
1. Silent Reading (30 minutes a day)
2. IXL Math BINGO (online) Students should know their username and password.
3. IF NEEDED: Practice Basic Math Facts ( Facts Web Resources on my "Links" page)
4. Achieve 3000 Article of the day (Internet required) Read article and answer activity. If your score is above 75% you can add a star to the classroom chart when you return.
5. Free Write (Write about a topic of your choice)