Releasing Salmon at Boeing Creek
Welcome Third Grade Families!
Third Grade is filled with lots of new concepts the children are excited to learn. It is a time for reading with in-depth comprehension, multiplying and dividing, writing to explain thinking and processes, and learning to write in cursive. We will be studying northwest coast Native Americans, Native Americans across the continent, the plant cycle, the physics of sound, and rocks and minerals. This is the first year the students will be responsible for doing daily homework and returning it each day. Third graders are capable of the increased expectations as they are entering a new stage of development. I look forward to partnering with you as your child's teacher.
Welcome Fourth Grade Families!
Fourth graders are at a wonderful stage of development in which they have gained many skills including working cooperatively in groups. They are able to produce projects with details and more complex information. The books they choose at this level contain well developed, rich characters. Fourth graders are beginning to think abstractly and understand themselves, others, and situations with more depth and nuances. Their ability to make inferences is becoming much stronger. These strengths make teaching them very fun and interesting.
“Play is not only our creative drive; it’s a fundamental mode of learning.” ~ David Elkind (psychologist, author)
* Bachelor's Degree with a major in art from Gonzaga University
* Teaching Certificate earned at Seattle University
* Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction specializing in Integrated Teaching through the Arts from Lesley University.
* Master's Degree in Marriage, Family, Child Counseling from William Lyon University
* Washington State Licensed Marriage, Family Therapist
* 33 years teaching grades K-8 in both public and private schools, including individual tutoring.
* 10 years counseling in schools, agencies and private practice.
Photography, golf. dreams, symbols, sandplay, film, writing, travel, art and, of course, children.