Welcome to the Shorecrest Girls Tennis Website
Home of the District Champions 2012 and District Champions 2013
Robert Mann Varsity Coach Email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Anderson JV Coach Email at: Unitedltc1@live.com
2017 Try-Out Schedule Key Dates and Important Information
First Day February 27th, 2017 3:30p - 5:30 at Kellogg Middle School Tennis Courts. Everyone together on the first day. Second and Third Day will be a split tryout. 3:00-4:30 will be newbies/some JV returners. 4:15 - 6:00 will be Varsity returners/some JV returners. You will be told at the end of the first day, which tryout to attend.
What to do before tryouts:
- All paperwork (Athletic Permission Form, Current Physical, Yellow Emergency Information card) must be turned in to Mr. Loland before you may participate in any practices. If you're not sure about the status of your physical, please see Mr. Loland. You must complete a packet even if you played another sport.
- You are not eligible to tryout until Mr. Loland has approved the packet. Coaches DO NOT accept packets.
- Conditioning (Download the 7-minute workout app. You should be able to do 2 cycles in row.)
- Visit the tennis website resources page.
- Find a time and place to hit as often as possible. Talk to team captain Eli Parsek or Tess Farnham about possible times to practice prior to the beginning of the season.
- Contact Forest Crest Athletic Club or Harbor Square Athletic Club to enroll in tennis classes.
- Learn how to play a ten-point tiebreaker. (Instructions on tennis website.)
- Tennis shoes, adult racket (27” long), water bottle, and layered clothing with pockets.
- Do NOT bring Ipads or other valuables to the courts or leave them in the gym locker room.
What to expect at tryouts:
- Day 1 Groundstrokes (Forehands and Backhands) AND Conditioning
- Day 2 Serve and Return AND Conditioning
- Day 3 Volleys and Overheads AND 10-point tiebreakers AND Conditioning
- (Tryouts may be extended if there is inclement weather in the first 3 days.)
- The team has a no-cut policy this year. Seniors can play on JV. Varsity will have 12-16 players. If there are too many players, then we will create a C team with shorter practices.
- Factors for determining who will make Varsity: Playing ability, history with the team, grade level, willingness to learn & improve, fitness, effort, attitude, teamwork, peer relations, leadership ability, character, dependability, commitment, academic record, discipline record, and school attendance.
- Varsity & JV team selection lists will be posted on the documents page of the tennis website by Thurs. 3/2 by 7:30a.
- If you have outside obligations that will be in conflict with the tennis season, then please talk with the coach to see if it makes sense for you to tryout.
- JV players will be provided a one-way shuttle bus to Shoreline Center for practices. You are NOT required to take the bus if you have your own transportation.
Practice schedule after tryouts. (Starts Thursday 3/2)
- Varsity practice at Kellogg Monday - Friday 3:30p - 5:30 p
- JV practice at Shoreline Center Tennis Courts Monday - Friday 3:00p - 5:00p (players will be provided a one-way shuttle bus to Shoreline Center for practices. You are NOT required to take the bus if you have your own transportation.)
- C practice at Kellogg Tuesday - Friday 2:50p - 3:40p (No practice on Mondays)
- 3/4 and 3/11 Saturday Practice at Kellogg MS JV-Practice 10:00a - 12:00p, V-Practice 12:00p - 2:00p, C-Practice 2:00p-3:00p
Requirements before 1st match:
- Paid $40 ASB Fee and $100 Athletic Fee
- Completed Safety Guidelines Form. (Available on team website.)
- Attended 10 practices.
- Read the tennis guidelines that are posted in the documents section of the website.
Schedule and Results Go to WESCO athletics website.