CLICK HERE for 1st Semester 2014-15 Online Grades:
Your family access username and password will work. If you do not have this, please contact J'Nell Swanson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BODY MASS INDEX
Daily Calorie Calculator
Bio: I am beginning my 34th year of teaching this fall. My 26th year at Shorewood. I hold a degree in Physical Education as well as a Business Degree from Central Washington University. I have a master's degree in Curriculum Development. I became Nationally Board Certified in 2008. I have two children. My son graduated from Whitman College and is a Bremerton Police Officer. My daughter graduated from The University of Puget Sound and is a 2nd grade teacher at Lake Forest Park Elementary. Please feel free to contact me (e-mail is best) with concerns or questions.
1st Period Walking Yoga
2nd Period Cardio/Aerobic Conditioning
3d Period Senior Lifetime Sports
4th Period Power Volleyball
6th No Class
1.5 credits (3 classes) in physical education are required. Classes beyond the requirement may be taken for elective credit.
Ninth Grade Physical Education – one semester
This class includes units in field sports, volleyball, gymnastics, pickleball, weight training and fitness activities, basketball and other selected activities. This class may not be repeated for credit.
Elective classes – one semester, grades 10-12
Advanced Fitness, Aerobic Exercise and Conditioning, Individual Sport Activities, Power Volleyball, Lifetime Sports, Strength and Fitness and Team Sports Activities. These classes may be repeated for credit.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
UNIFORM – Shorewood does not require a regulation uniform. It is the responsibility of each student to provide the following:
1. Shorts and/or sweats
2. T-shirt and/or sweatshirt. (We follow district policy and ask that no inappropriate comments/advertisements be imprinted on the shirts or sweatshirts.)
3. No sleeveless shirts or tank tops.
4. Athletic/tennis shoes and socks. NO BOOTS, SANDALS OR HARD SOLED SHOES.
LOCKER ROOM USAGE:
The locker room will be locked during class periods. It is the responsibility of the student to lock and secure all belongings.
1. Each student will be assigned his or her own basket. Locks will be provided or you may provide your own combination lock.
2. Showers are provided but not required. You will need to provide your own towel.
3. Do not share your combination and make sure you have secured and locked all personal items before leaving for class.
DO NOT BRING IPODS, ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT, MONEY OR VALUBLES TO CLASS!!! WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE STORAGE OF ANY OF THESE ITEMS!
It is expected that students will be in class, suited up and ready for activity on time. (5 minutes will be allowed to change at the beginning and end of each class period.) A note is required from a parent or doctor before a student can be excused from activity.
1. Do not enter any gym facility unless a teacher is present.
2. Follow all specific safety rules for all areas of the gym, locker room and playing fields.
3. Remain in your class unless given permission by the teacher to leave or you are dismissed.
4. Show respect for your teacher, classmates and equipment at all times.
5. Profanity, unsafe behavior or vandalism will not be tolerated.
6. Food, beverages and gum are not allowed in the gym areas. NO CANDY!
7. The locker room needs to be treated with respect. Pick up after yourself.
8. Late arrivals with an excuse may not be allowed to suit up for class.
9. Running Fitness class members will be required to purchase a reflective vest.
A student will not receive credit in Physical Education if they accumulate 9 absences.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION STAFF