|Community Resource Team
In an era of increasing needs and declining resources, community agencies must look for ways to collaborate with each other in order to better serve our youth and families.
The Shoreline School District, in partnership with the cities of Lake Forest Park and Shoreline, participates in our Community Resource Team (CRT) to coordinate services which support children and families in our community.
Goals of the CRT:
- Develop a coordinated, integrated approach to addressing barriers to learning.
- Create caring and supportive environments that maximize well being.
- Meet the educational, health and human service needs of the youth and families in our communities.
- Provide access to the full range of community services from any entry point.
- Bring new services to the community.
Shoreline serves students speaking 75 different languages from all around the world. Our top 10 languages other than English are Spanish, Amharic, Korean, Vietnamese, Tigrinya, Tagalog, Cantonese, Arabic, Urdu, and Mandarin.
Shoreline has a number of staff members who provide a variety of support services to students in our schools, including family advocates, school nurses, drug/alcohol counselors, and district homeless liaison.