Welcome to Shoreline's Site for Science!
Science Philosophy Statement
Students will develop and demonstrate knowledge of scientific concepts, through investigation and application, to understand and appreciate the world through science.
Instruction and materials will:
· Provide the opportunity for students to master Washington State Science Standards
· Foster curiosity through hands-on investigations
· Use and understand inquiry, both guided and self-directed
· Access students’ prior knowledge and address possible preconceptions
· Emphasize the use of reflective thinking
· Apply scientific processes and concepts beyond science classes
scientifically literate citizens
How to use this
Documents-- There are several categories:
State standards and assessment prep materials for all grades are included. For teachers we also include templates and rubrics to use in the classroom, some lesson modifications, alignment documents, vocabulary and helpful liinks.
Links- Resources for students, parents, teachers & administrators.
Who to contact: